Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Yvonne Nelson long legs magic

Lately there have been a lot of discussions on both traditional and new media about the success of the Yvonne Nelson new movie premier and its record breaking success. While I have not seen the movie itself and I doubt if  I will, I am intrigued by the fact that she has been able to achieve what has been referred to as the highest sales of all time for a movie premier. In Ghana of course but I have no reason whatsoever why she shouldn't set a world record too if she so wishes.


Really it all comes down to how far you are willing to go and what you are willing to do. It is simply how the world works!  Setting a new record is of course taking things to the next level. Becoming the new standard and this only happens when we have done something new. As a general rule old ways doesn't bring new results. It is simply how the world works!

She had apparently taken to the streets to distribute flyers to motorist with the best of the cast and personally invited people to attend the premier. Now I have to tell you, I am not particularly an Yvonne Nelson fan per se, I don’t remember finishing a movie with her in it. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against her talent except I like a different genre of movies and she doesn't come across to me as the philosophical type. But I can assure you if she walks up to me and asked me to come to a premier, no hailstorm could have stopped me.
I am sure the whole exercise would have left her first-class-flying famous long legs with unbearable aches and pains. It shouldn't take rocket science to anticipate that but she did it anyway and she brought a bunch of her friends along with her. So here is the clearer picture
She had assets; her image, her friends, a set of long legs you want to see- and she knew how to use them. She combined them to do something new so she was bound to get new results; there is no other way around this. All of us want new results except not all of us are willing to do new things.


Higher performing people are responsible for the new achievements we see every day. Once the standard has been set, average people try to meet it until another high performer sets a new standard. Clearly it is those who are willing to do outstanding things that can bring outstanding results. It didn’t happen because she made a movie, it is because she was willing to walk the streets and invite people personally to the premier. Do something new today and get new results.#spidup wherever you are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment